05 July, 2009

HAPPAYE CLAPPAYE! :D:D

So far so good.

Thank God that this week was quite a fruitful one. It was madness compared to the past few weeks of slacking and lazing around, 'was wondering why I get easily exhausted these few days but maybe 'cos the body couldn't adjust to the sudden flurry of activity...Urgh, better do something about it :S

Anyway, the "Zhong Hua Ying Xiong" event is like my baby now, in the sense that I've been quite immersed in preparations for the event (something which I've never really committed to before for past church events). From the painting of props (which was more challenging than I thought!) to the brainstorming of ideas for the booth decor, as well as the rehearsals for the mini-drama, I'm starting to wonder how on earth are the pastors able to manage (and sustain) event after event! Their dedication is seriously admirable,not only must they plan and manage the people and logistics for the event, but they have to see to the people's welfare (eg. sending them off after rehearsals, ensuring their basic needs are met during prep for the events, availing their homes for practices,etc...) And this doesn't even make up half of their job scope!

Anyway, the drama is coming along well. The choreo's much better now (David, Joelle and I spent almost the whole afternoon coming up with it!), all it needs is a bit more sponteneity and energy from the cadets. We had a stage rehearsal, which was quite good (depending on how you see it) cos the cast was more into their roles, to the point where Ben ripped the wire of my cordless mic and Alan was so violent that he splintered the bamboo stick! XD

Hmmm...still need some direction on how to portray Mulan, especially THAT particular part...


And I really have to thank God again. Pastor Mong Yee called me last night!! I might be in Music Ministry now and 'cos of that, Mom and Sis are attending Alpha with me! Don't think you'll understand my joy but it really means a lot to me, ya know XD

And I know all of you will say I'm crazy but I'm running in the Army Half-Marathon (yes, HALF MARATHONN!) in August! Nelvin really suits his day job man (that's sales, btw)..think he managed to convince Alan (who wasn't too keen about it initially) to join too, and he even got Trina! Pray for me man, I don't wanna end up half-dead, with foam and drool oozing from my mouth (with my life flashing before my eyes) during/after the event!

And to end on a nice note, Esther kept to her promise! Not sure whether I'm allowed to post this picture..don't think she visits my blog often..heh...

To mark her "coming of age" and her sole, courageous voyage into the Twenties, I "graduated" her! Happy 20th! :D

No comments: