02 October, 2008

SPLAT! in your face, off my chest.

Hello lonely, virtual world! I'm taking a break from my Psych Mid-term Paper now which is actually due tomorrow but I am quite clueless as to how to present my argument properly. It has to do with the controversial topic of Schizophrenia and Genes but, enough of that!

Here's a quick review of the exciting things happening this month:

-Soci test next week (praying very hard for a miracle)

-Lit test the following week as well as the much-dreaded Bio presentation-hope my group will come up with something engaging and interactive for the LECTURE (yes, I still can't get over the fact that at least 100 over people will be peering at us)

-3rd week would be, in my terms, the calm before the storm cos...

-I have 3 deadlines for the 4th week (1 project submission and 2 mid-term papers)

Anyway, guess this would be the typical schedule for most students so, I'm not complaining...

Other than that, I have been pondering over the meaning of my existence in Life(OoOo...) What I mean is, I wanna do something that is out of the extraordinary like skydiving or having a picnic in the wild or exploring exotic places, anything else besides studying and working for the next few years of my life! And I'm wondering if I'm feeling this way due to the limitations which our small island nation inevitably brings about.

Guess I'm feeling this way because:

(1) Train/Bus rides to school is like a vacuum where I can think of any random thing and unfortunately, I ended up on this miserable topic.

(2)I've been watching Imogen Heap's vblogs about her life. It's like she's so involved in so many things: flying to places and performing here and there, furnishing her house and setting up her studio, discovering a beautiful meadow while jogging, collaborating with musicians for her new songs (in which she has total control over its creative input. You should just see how creative she can be in thinking of new sounds to add to her songs and this really make listening to her songs more meaningful), giving parties, the list goes on...

It's not that I envy her lifestyle but I wish that I can be as creative as her, making new things and actually feeling satisfied with what I created and enjoying the things she does...makes me think about when I would actually fulfil my dreams since childhood like playing the violin and dancing (don't laugh ok...)
Moreover, I really enjoy looking at the way she dresses, which really deviates from the norm (in a good way) and making those Bugis Street tweenagers and Haji Lane wannabes pale in comparison. Sometimes I wanna just go out there, dressing the way I want, not how I am now, and not being conscious of the looks Singaporeans might give but guess I'm too "chicken" to really dare to be different!

Anyway, I should come back down to Earth and tell you about how my food cravings seem to be getting the better of me. Last night, I dreamt that Emil/Wakin Chau ate zi char with me at the coffeeshop. There were many people who asked for his autograph while we were eating and I don't know why but he started singing "Peng You" (aka. "Friends" in Chinese, which was quite a popular hit then and now) and dashing through the food stalls, giving high-fives with the food vendors a la concert style.
And then there was this one night that I dreamt that Duc bought super yummy D24 durians for me. Er Yi satisfied my craving the following week after my dream...(a case of my liquid dreams solidifying at last?)

Haha..anyway, time to put on my trendy (and overworked) thinking cap! :D

Ps: Happy Hari Raya everyone! Especially Dhabitah! (you have no idea how much I miss your rendang and ketupat and chocolate cookies! Maybe I'll dream of them next!)

Pps: My brother recently extracted 2 teeth cos he's getting braces soon and his literally bloody, prehistoric-looking fangs are really starting to get on my nerves cos he just leaves it on public display in front of the CPU and keyboard as if it's some rare discovery of neanderthal man...

No comments: