Yay! It's Friday! This week really sucked the energy and the brain cells and the creative juices out of me (not that I had much of the latter anyway!) but thank God for the grades I received for my Psych test and Lit assignment, even though I was kinda disappointed for my Psych test grade initially. Speaking of Psych, I'm not sure why Psych tutorials are getting kinda boring. In fact, I think I learnt more in Soci tutorial than in Psych man....
It's already halfway through the first semester already, can't wait for December to come even though it looks like I won't be going overseas after all :(
Had my Bio Food safety and security presentation today and I feel VERY relieved that it's finally over after all the meetings and consolidation of research and powerpoint slides. Looking back, I can say that I'm quite fortunate to have responsible and mature project mates. The fact that all of them were Year 3s yielded more pros than cons and I really enjoyed the insights they provided and how anal they were in ensuring that our research findings would link back to the question.
Compared to PW in JC (which was a nightmare!), this was quite a breeze cos EVERYONE did their part and met the deadlines that was set and EVERYONE contributed rather actively during meetings and most importantly, followed up on what was discussed so for that I don't mind going the extra mile to consolidate the powerpoint slides for them.
Was quite nervous before the presentation and it didn't help that the guys said that they have never presented to a lecture in their 3 years in Uni before. However, all 4 of them did really well for their presentations and it made me feel more confident. Quite a good experience, considering that this was my maiden project presentation for Uni so thanks to David, Kuan Hui, Deepti and most of all, Elizabeth! (if you ever stumble on this post in the first place!) Your guidance, advice and cooperation in seeing the project come to fruition was greatly appreciated! :D
Special appreciation to Elizabeth for your friendship, your insights and your reassurance on certain matters. I really enjoyed yesterday! :)
Next week would be a better week, deadline for Soci assignment's shifted due to Deepavali and deadline for Lit assignment's shifted to next month! WOOHOO!
Guess I'm boring you with school again...anyway, for now, these are the movies I wanna catch rather badly, in no particular order of merit:
(1) Gerard Butler in "RocknRolla" and maybe "Nim's Island"
(2) Russell Wong in "Joy Luck Club" (even though he's only playing a minor role)
(3) TWILIGHT! CAN'T WAIT! =)
(4) "Pirates of the Caribbean 4" and Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" (Johnny Depp!)
And for now, lemme leave you with some food for thought:
'Was just thinking today about the mechanics of the MRT train. All of you would know that there are 2 cabins on each end of the train for the driver to operate the MRT right? Have you ever thought of what would happen if 2 drivers stepped on the accelerator at both ends of the same train at the same time?
No comments:
Post a Comment