29 March, 2008

My Brother the rockstar CHAMPION!

This is one of the rare moments when I'm actually proud to be his older sister.

My Brother and his band emerged as the champion of their "Zero to Hero" Competition! All of us were really pleasantly surprised.

One of the objectives of the competition was to turn laymen [that would be my brother] into overnight rockstars and of course the rules of the competition made it mandatory for at least one person in the band to have no such musical background and capability.


Hmm...seems like his endless lonely nights of strumming his bass to his mp3 worked out after all...


He's fierce.He's cold. He's Mr. Ice King, the menace. [hiak hiak!]

That would be one of his publicity pictures....


OK, people would think that I'm obssessed about my bro but he rarely pops us such surprises. At least he's doing other productive, enriching activities rather than just cooping himself at home with the computer keeping him company....



I'm so glad that I took half day leave yesterday although I think my supervisor's not gonna be happy when I tell her that I'm gonna take the morning off next Thursday again...

It's really refreshing to see your friends instead of businessmen and women in their smart coats and their power suits for a change. The clan went for lunch at Singapore Poly in the afternoon.The food was cheap and the portions bigger than the usual but what was more enjoyable was the company of course. Stayed in the food court and chatted for about 2+ hours before Cui had to go. Then Sze Yee wanted to bring us to see her Optometry Centre but as it was quite far and we were running out of time, we decided on touring the nearby schools instead.


Met Rhyss and Sam after that at Dhoby Ghaut for dinner before making our way to YMCA. We were late cos I thought that Steph's church would be at YWCA so I brought them to the wrong place. The church members were really friendly and sociable and VERY extroverted. It's like Steph's the quietest amongst them man! There were very few locals there...according to Ryan and Kay Pee, there were only 3-4 locals and a whole lot of other foreigners....



What I'm really amazed is the worship. Although it was simple, it was really something I did not expect cos not only were they singing, some of them were harmonising on their own accord that it felt like I was in Choir again! heh heh!


The night was not over yet. We were about to take the escalator down to where the trains were when we saw a woman in her late 20s-early 30s, collapsing at the foot of the escalator going up. She smelt of alcohol, her face was flushed and she seemed to be emotionally down/depressed cos she kept saying that she was gonna die.. She was accompanied by her male friend, who seemed like a foreigner, and all of us were trying to help her up and everything cos she could not walk steadily. A group of nuns and church people happened to pass by too and they comforted her and calmed her down.

This incident reminded me of the time when Marie-Anne, Rachel Kwan and I witnessed a hit-and-run accident near SHSS. All 3 of us did not talk on our way to the bus stop and until one of us started reflecting about what happened did we all talk again.

Similarly, we were quite taken aback [well, at least I was] and we were quite quiet for a few moments....


I wonder how the woman is doing now. Is she OK? Is she still depressed? At least, God put a nun into her pathway in her darkest moments like what Rhyss said.


God really works in unexpected ways.....

No comments: