22 December, 2006

Home Christmas Celebration @ G12 and Choir Farewell Party

Despite us having 2 months of holidays, there's just so many things to do and so little time. Well, maybe it's due to me not managing my time well but I bet even if I do, it's still not enough!

Hmm,at least 2 events have come and gone (Thank God!). It's like another burden off my shoulders, not that I really participate actively in them though...

Home Christmas Celebration @ G12

This year, we had quite a good turnout, mostly due to Bernice who brought SIX friends!!! Everything went on as per normal, except that I noticed a certain restlessness amongst our new friends when Yireng was sharing the Word. (guess they weren't used to it) That aside, I think everything went quite well..The highlight would be the games. For every game, there would surely be a forfeit so Bernice was the unlucky one! As she couldn't even stand the sight of Yireng's fake lizards, we came up with the punishment of putting one fake lizard on her leg for 20 seconds. It was like torture for her man!!! All of us captured that significant moment.

After games was gift exchange, I got a photo frame. The food was really good. Bernice's granny cooked curry (shiok!!)with bread, there was Shepherd's Pie, Kid's Pie (hmm,a pie with no chilli, just simple stuff), Chocolate Cake,Ham and pineapple,Chicken,Fruit Salad,Chips...etc...

Choir Farewell Party

Guess everyone wanted to get this over and done with...It really caused a lot of frustration, blood, sweat and tears. (literally!)
Arrived late but the party was not in full swing yet. (actually, it never was...) Decor was good,love the disco ball! [our theme was Retro by the way...] At first, everyone just stuck with their own cliques, mingling around occasionally. For the food, it was only Bee Hoon, Fishballs, Cucumbers and Old Chang Kee initially but after that they ordered Canadian Pizza. Someone suggested watching an R21 movie so off we went to the Function Room's Theatre. The movie was hilarious although there were some parts which we shouldn't have watched. The funniest scene was with this guy called "Freakshow" (or something like that) and his hot babe of a wife. Just to explain a bit, Freakshow isn't exactly a good-looker. In fact, he looks worse than the average person with a patches of hair on his head and boils pulsating on his neck and face with the occasional pus oozing out from them, get the picture now? Anyway, his wife was describing how they met and got married. Guess what?

Said the wife, "We met during Choir Practice."

And Mimi and I just erupted into fits of laughter right there and then cos THE GRAND FINALS WAS JUST TAKING PLACE IN FRONT OF US!!!! [inside joke..for those who don't get it...]

Surprised Eunice with a birthday cake [OoOooOo,more Grand Finals!!!] and after that, the rest continued watching the movie while some stayed back to help clean up and stuff.

Oh ya! I helped Zhiyi take some nice shots of herself to remember the night and she said I was pro. WOOHOO~ check this out:





After Henry gave out the mementoes to the seniors, Zhiyi and I went home together with the rest.

All in all, attendance was not that bad, at least for the seniors. Many came: Juliana, Sherlyn Chua,Lynette,Adeline,Ding Neng,Kee Siang,Chin Soon,Daryl,Chee Kian,Kenny,Christopher...I think that's about it....




No comments: