11 December, 2006

Casting Crowns and Ai Ping's Sleepover

One of the reasons why this entry is gonna be short is due to me sleeping at almost 4.30am last night but before I get started on that, we'll talk about what happened before this.

Casting Crowns Concert
Argh! I can't believe I missed out on Thursday night's concert cos according to most of the Evangelites present on that day, it was better than the one on the last night because:

(1) they sang more songs, around 12 in total cos on the last night they had to rush to catch their flight.
(2) Andy aka "The Wrestler" the drummer gave a drum solo impromptu! Even though I got a glimpse of video footage of that moment, I bet it'll be even better seeing it LIVE!!!

But, it was still good. (Hmm...."good" is definitely an understatement to describe how, erm, good they were!) Ai Ping went with me too and thankfully, we got seats in the the main hall otherwise we had to go up to THE PROVIDENCE to view via Video link, which my 3rd aunt and her friend, Aunty Kwee Huay, did cos they were late.
Pastor Mark Hall is really an annointed speaker man! He can really connect to anyone through his mini sermons and his songs and his voice is amazing! The way he sings is as though it requires no effort at all!

Really admire them a lot. It's like they use the talents which God has blessed them with to reach out to millions and I'm sure they love what they're doing too!





Casting Crowns performing to a crowd of more than 4000 during the two nights



Andy the uber cool drummer

Ah!! I guess this must be Melanie the violinist cum backup singer


Pastor Mark Hall
After the concert, San Yi together with her friend Aunty Kwee Huay and I went to Fullerton's Town Cafe to have a late dinner. The food was good man! I went French that day. Even the appetiser could be the main course!


Appetiser: Multi-grain bread served with butter and Chilli (weird but its good, surprisingly!)

Next we had Caesar Salad and Soft shell Crab as the entree. Main Course was Grilled Rib Eye Wagyu Beef or something like that...the beef just melts in your mouth man!

The aunties had red wine throughout (which was on the house!) and after that, the staff celebrated Aunty Kwee Huay's birthday with a complimentary cake (Tiramisu I think!)

The bill came and it was time to face reality. About $100++!! [Tonight, my shit will be of gourmet quality man! =P]

Ai Ping's Sleepover

Surprised Anastasia first thing when she reached. Jacinth and I were trying very hard to stick the candle in its holder! Earlier on, Ai Ping and Jacinth prepared spaghetti for Ana's dinner. Chatted and laughed a lot due to plenty of exaggeration and mimicking...heh heh! Talked for a long time after that in Ai Ping's room and found out many things. Played Twister after that. (At first I was thinking of not bringing it so that I can go to Ai Ping's house free and easy but changed my mind after that) I didn't regret bringing it though. We were all positioned in such a FARTABLE state! It was simply hilarious! Sneaked out of the house for midnight snack at 7-11 and watched "Rent" after that. Found out that we are such lousy movie marathoners! (the exception being Ana who downed a can of coffee to keep her awake!) Afer the first disc we were all tired and sleepy so we slept while Ana used the computer. Woke up at 8am. Reached home at 9am and left the house at 9.45am for church. Now you know the reason of me being tired.hahaha!






No comments: