Before I blog about today, let me try to recall the events that took place during the weekend. Actually, I blogged on Saturday but when I tried to save the entry, the laptop chose that time to hang! So all my effort went down the drain...
Anyways, on Saturday, Gong Gong, Maib, Mum, Er Yi and I were Singapore's luckiest few to get to see the new IKEA Tampines before the official opening [30 Novemeber]. This privilege was extended to us due to Er Yi being a "friend of IKEA" (IKEA membership, to put it simply)
So we took the feeder bus near Tampines MRT Station. While we were boarding, I overheard a passerby telling her partner whether the bus was ferrying IKEA workers there cos it can't be opened to the public yet. Excuse me! Do we look like workers?!?!
We spent a long time at the furniture section and because of that, we didn't have enough time for the miscellaneous section (the section where people can do most of their impulse buying cos they are made up of mostly cutlery, candles, cushions, plants...etc...) The place was huge but according to Er Yi, they did not fully utilise the place well. One good thing about IKEA Tampines was the cafeteria. Due to experience from IKEA Alexandra, they gave the cafe more space and more tables and chairs!! We spent 5 hours there cos they had to close at 5pm (!!!) Overall, it was a good experience, partly because there were lesser people. Imagine shopping in IKEA minus half the crowd? Simply divine.
After that, went to Er Yi's house to fax the Japanese Scores to Aunty Naoko to translate. (She said that she could do it in 2 days' time if I really needed it. So nice of her!) Helped Er Yi to plan for the Christmas Party (that we all dread!) Don't get me wrong. All of us look forward to it every year, just that the thought of planning, the preparation of food and gifts plus the setting up of the Christmas Tree means more work for us cos we have been doing this every year since the dawn of time until it becomes a chore. [not counting last yr's Christmas Party which was planned by San Yi. That was____(insert negative word)] We decided that this year, we'll keep things simple: Inviting lesser people, cooking mostly Chinese food instead of both Chinese and Western, lesser decorations. I'm supposed to take care of the dessert which will be the only Western Course so if any of you have any ideas, please suggest!
On Sunday after church, we went to Changi Airport to have lunch (I miss Changi Airport man!) I just have to eat my Hokkien Mee Meal there! [Staff Canteen 2 if I'm not wrong!] Realised that the canteen went through some changes. The dessert store's located in the center and all the stores renovated their signboards such that they all looked the same. For some reason, I rather they stick to the old layout but I guess the new look brought in more crowds [Argh...]
Spent the whole day at home after that. Was too tired to go to GMH (Gong Gong Ma Ma's house). Watched James Bond: Die Another Day and after that, I got the rare opportunity to use the main desktop!! Hooray! By the time my brother reluctantly got off the computer, it was already 11pm so, every single second spent had to be rationed. SO, I went Youtubing! Just realised that Youtube can get you hooked for hours! I watched the Ellen DeGeneres Show, Oprah Winfrey, Powerpuff Girls Z (recommended by Shannon and Kok Kok) and Josh Groban plus many other random stuff! I watched until 4am in the morning. [See the dangers of the one-eyed monster? No wonder my brother can play the whole day and still feel attracted to it!]
No comments:
Post a Comment