Today's practice was good, better than the previous one when my sore throat was worse. Me being the perfectionist, I hate the feeling of not being able to sing to the best of my abilities and because of that, ruin the song due to problems such as too much air or even pitching problems...I hate that!
One reason for my happier-than-usual mood was due to the seniors coming back to sing with us. Even though I'm not that close to the seniors, it was really nice to have them back. Besides contributing to the tenors and basses (manpower amongst the males is lacking, therefore it was a great feeling to have them back and see them sing!). Secondly, they remind me of the times we spent in the Czech Republic together, especially the intense moments on stage during competition.
Another reason for me being in a happy state is due to the general performance of the Choir today. For once, Dokin Dokin was better than usual today after Mr Low boldly decided to get the guys and girls to combine. I say "boldly" cos Nelson told us to practice in male/female chorus respectively first before doing the whole song together. The guys can't be blamed though. Their parts mostly comprise of the words "ru" and "ra" and they have many flat and sharp notes, so they would take a longer time to learn. Well, at least they are trying their best. (most of the credit has to go to Charlie Brown man! Besides giving sectionals to the Basses and correcting them, he still has to worry about the Baritones! I don't know how he can cope man! Woo~)
Quam Iuvat was much better today according to Mr Low. At least we sang with obvious emotion this time and the dynamics are more or less secured but of course there is still room for improvement such as the part where the Altos have to go really low.[Mr Low said that it still sounds murky]
Finally, I'm rejoicing also because the seniors paid their Choir Fund which was due ages ago! And also because we revised our choreography for Sinten and went through Wak Wak Gung as well! I never felt more accomplished! hahahaha! Oh ya! I also got a good piece of news from Wei Lin. She told me that there'll be no more combined rehearsals for the SCO Concert for the moment until December! That was such a relief! [I don't really like the idea of mass Choir practises! It's so impersonal and there'll inevitably be competition.]
Got to know Licia, the DSA candidate, better...at least I could converse more naturally with her. It's like I've been trying to think of what to say to her for days such that it wouldn't be so fake [asking her what school she's from and all that is not really very genuine, considering almost everyone asks her that! It's not wrong to do so but...hmm,I don't know how to explain but my point is I don't wanna make it seem as if I'm trying too hard or something.] Naturally, she opened up. Thank God! Another thing to rejoice about! She's really very diligent though. During the Sinten choreography, she was busy scribbling on her score. I asked her what she was writing. Guess what? Turned out she was penning out the choreography movement! So for the rest of the choreo, we were giving secret grins to each other, and I was telling her to write things like "swaying with hands upright" in her score....hahaha...I can imagine her practising in front of her mirror and trying to recall the movements while staring hard at her score...hiak hiak hiak!
It's been quite some time since I last did some work. I only completed my Vocab Book such that I only have 10 weeks left to finish up but this can be done promptly anytime. What I'm concerned about are the GP newspaper articles of which we have to do 24 of them, 500 words for each article in AQ form (!!!) Plus, there's still Econs Macroeconomics to read and complete and the dreaded Physical Geog [I totally forgot most of what I've been taught! That means I have to revise and read through before attempting the questions]
AND and and and and, Ms Kon hasn't sent us our Lit assignments through the net yet.And Maths, I don't remember Mr Gui giving us any assignments to do unless it was mentioned during lecture or something. Oh ya! For GP, there's still compre to do and if I'm not wrong, we have essays on a certain topic to complete as well. This sucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment