02 October, 2011

teething problems

Hello world!

It's been a month since I last updated and man, so much has happened (as usual). Work has been busy; busy days ahead I must say and I have other challenges to deal with but I'm praying that God will see me through :)

So far so good..somehow I feel that ever since I officially stepped into the corporate world, I can sense that I've changed; in a sense that I actually feel older. Maybe that's what happens to each and every one of us as we experience this change, this supposed milestone in our lives, the need for us to be more mature in our thinking and professional in our dealings. I realised that these days, problems which were once considered overwhelming are now deemed as trivial (as bigger issues come about). The way I deal and respond to people and situations are much more measured and I would like to think that I am less impulsive than before.
As much as I embrace the changes I'm going through, which are inevitably shaped by my circumstances, I hope that the essential part of me remains the same; the part which my loved ones still cherish and recognise me for as something unique about me.

'Would like to share some insights from the devotional I read today while on the way to the Children's Day Bazaar at Yishun (which was a satisfying event in all). It is entitled "Truths that hold us Steady" written by Joe Stowell, and I find it quite encouraging as it touches on how we should face up to the storms in our life. Here are a few excerpts:

You can be absolutely sure that you are not the only one who has gone through this kind of problem. You haven't been singled out by God to be the one individual in the history of the human race selected to experience a situation like this. There were others before you, and there will be others after you. . . though we may be bent, we will never be broken. Our lives only become brittle and fatally broken when, by poor responses, we permit bitterness to add extra weight to the load of our struggle.


All of us have had the feeling at times that God really hasn't been doing anything for us in a long, long time. . Yet beyond that, He's active every day in my life ad He stands as the sentinel at the gate of my existence, weighing, measuring, and excluding everything that exceeds my load limit. Those are the things I know nothing about.


Suffering is a platform for the display of God's power. . .When trials put us on public display, it's our privilege, through biblical responses, to turn the tables on Satan's attempt to deface God's glory. . .Not only is pain a process with the purposes of demonstrating God's glory, but it's also a process that focuses on the purpose of enabling our growth in character and in competency for living. . .


We need to go to the Father and seek wisdom from Him. But if we're so distressed that we can't pray or don't know how to pray, Romans 8:26 assures us that the Holy Spirit takes the groanings that we can't even utter and brings them before the Father, untangles all their confusion, and lays them before Him on our behalf in accord with His will.Prayer in the midst of trouble helps us see God again. It gets our eyes off our problems and focuses us afresh on God. . .Prayer reveals things about myself.


That's all for now :)

No comments: