Woke up at 2 today, can feel the biological clock phase-delaying already...
Devotion today reminded me of how great God is. I know this sounds like the typical, everyday Christian exhortation but it's really just amazing how one can love the unloved,or even people who persecuted and betrayed you in the blink of an eye. To me it's just absurd: imagine someone you love and care for (or even your arch enemy) boxes you, out of the blue, and all you do is stand there waiting for another punch and not retaliating.
And despite that He loves us so much that we can't even comprehend the depths of His love. The ODB phrases it as such:"Someone who loves us with a devotedness that is a mystery how we as sinners ever deserved it" and that "His love is wide, long, deep, and high and exceeds our knowledge (Ephesians 3:18-19)."
Loving someone is already tough by itself and I'm not even talking about people you dislike. That's where you get family/sibling conflict (mine manifests itself mostly as cold war actually, not the deep-heated verbal argument type,haha)and maybe sometimes even among friends. Hence it shouldn't be surprising that the cell group gave such practical answers when asked what love means to them a few weeks ago.
If love was really that easy, there wouldn't be marital conflict and the escalating number of divorce rates to match.
That is why, coming back to God's love again, His love would never fail us, like it or not, and that is another reason why I don't think backsliding is an option (not that I'm planning to) cos even if you deny/escape from God, He'll always be there. It's like sometimes you wanna run away from your family (just giving an example), and be free from their complaints and repulsive habits but ultimately, they'll still be there.
Speaking about family, I'm reminded of my mom. My aunts were asking me to coax mom to travel to Shanghai with them next month with my grandparents cos my mom refuses to go, and her reason was that she has to wake Maib up for school (!!!). I told mom that Maib can jolly well wake up on her own, using her 3 alarm clocks (yes, she literally has 3) and since she can do that on Saturdays for netball training, I don't see why it's different for weekdays.
Sometimes I feel mom should just take a break and stop worrying so much about us. In fact, she's being too selfless already and I hope we won't take it for granted. She should go and enjoy herself for once! Tell me what can I do to convince her?!
There was once I ask her what would she do if housework didn't exist in the world at all; she gave me a blank stare. And that is the reason why I'm always plagued with the Mothers' Day Dilemma: she's easily contented, yet practical and demanding at the same time. Jewelry, fluffy ornaments and trinkets wouldn't work for her, even flowers (In her own words: "what's the use of getting flowers when they'll die anyway?"). I can't even bake for her 'cos she doesn't fancy Western foodstuff and if I get books, she'll retort that it's a waste of money as she borrows from the library weekly. How,how,how?!
Haha, I digressed again. Just saw a picture of Jumbo restaurant's Deep Fried Beancurd Special on my desk and it's enough to prime me to rummage in my refrigerator for brunch now...'till then!
No comments:
Post a Comment