30 December, 2009

Penultimate day to Year 2010

Christmas is over! Finally, a breather from all the activities and preparations of various sorts. Somehow, the joy of Christmas seems to be diminishing with each passing year as it becomes more commercialised and I certainly hope that its meaning will not, similarly, lose its value.

2009 is drawing to a close! Started reading my past blog entries from January onwards to recall what I've been up to this year cos 2009 has been a year where I would say I have been facing each day as it comes and as such, it has been a blur of events, gatherings and stuff. Some events which happened this year seemed like it happened light years ago!

Anyway, I realised that entries relating to my academic year in 2009 had a common theme with regards to me losing the drive to study. Maybe it's Study Fatigue (after almost 14 years of studying). Other than that, Bidding is (and will continue to be) a recurrent blurb as long as I stay in NUS. Talking about that, bidding started today and I'm quite thankful that I already have 3 modules from MPE: Cognitive Psych, Bio Pysch and Stats II (time to face up to my fears). I'm hoping that I get to do my 6th-module quest this semester, keeping my fingers crossed that "Romanticism" will still have vacancies in Round 3A...


And I'm glad that I sorta achieved my resolution for Year 2009 of keeping fit. Actually, I think I did more than what I thought I would, which is jogging for at least once a week. I've almost made up my mind to join Sundown 2010 in the 21km category, in hopes of improving my timing compared to the Army Half-Marathon but it will mean having to spend at least another 60 bucks, (after burning a deep hole in my pocket due to HK trip, MUSE concert, and a play)...worth it?

Accompanied my grandfather to the Diabetic centre yesterday, didn't expect it to be as long as 5 hours! It's quite painful to see Ye Ye having to take injection after injection, not to mention many blood tests to monitor his blood sugar level (and even more painful to see the expression on his face) while at it. He already has so many medications it looks like we were doing grocery shopping at the pharmacy (and I've not even taken into account the medication he has at home). And I don't really like the patronising tone the nurse uses on Ye Ye, I just hope that they would not take advantage of my grandparents and get more out of them financially just because they are clueless of the proceedings...

On a lighter note, I love Avatar 3D! It proved myself wrong with regards to movies with aliens and blue people but the human-alien interaction at the end was a lil' wrong. It's quite amazing that James Cameron had the vision to recreate another language so many years back, even before LOTR came about. Movie was great as a whole but I felt that the 3D part could do with a little more interaction with the viewers. Watching "The Fourth Kind" next! (Still waiting patiently for "Alice in Wonderland" and "Dorian Gray" to be out).

6 more days to HK trip! Have to start coming up with the travel list and the accompanying hassle that one has to go through before a vacation. I'm happy that the trip is finally materialising as I'm finally able to leave Singapore but it's a downer to realise that once I'm back, school starts in 2 days' time =.=

Anyway, my resolution for Year 2010 is quite simple: to prioritise and manage my time wisely, spend more time with my grandparents and to study hard (and smart), all this to be done according to God's will and direction.

"We don't pray and read the Bible to get a perfect, trouble-free life. Pursuing God is not cause and effect. The pursuit of godliness will not exempt us from trouble (2 Timothy 3:12) . . . [but it] will help us face what comes our way. . ." -ODB

No comments: