04 December, 2009

all hell breaks loose

YESSSSS!! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS MOMENT FOR A LONG TIME! EXAMS ARE OFFICIALLY OVERRRRR!!!! :D

'Was feeling quite distracted the previous day 'cos the thought of today being the last day of my exams was quite overwhelming. Having said that, I'm quite thankful that today's paper was manageable (partly cos it was an open book) but at least I managed to structure the essay reasonably well, thank God! :D As for the rest of the papers, I'm quite apprehensive about developmental and abnormal psych but I'm just gonna have faith and hope for the best...

Having said that, I'm typing this right now with a newfound ferocity cos it's been awhile since I hit the keys of my laptop due to my self-imposed exile, mainly of going on msn and facebook-the 2 greatest vices so far, even turning on my laptop. Another reason was cos I didn't want to get affected by things which I see online that will lead to a whole flood of irrational, unnecessary emotions, which might affect the exams so...I'll save that for post-exams (which is now- yeah I know,I'm a highly-emotional being at times).

Had steamboat and watched Couples' Retreat with Sarah and Ryan immediately after the paper (we planned for it even before exams started!). Can't wait to carry out my list of post-exam activities, especially since the month of December has finally arrived. Time seriously zooms by like nobody's business. The memory of going over to Yireng's place to knit the Mario costumes is still fresh in my mind! Thinking of that makes me inevitably think about what we're gonna wear for this year's Black & White Christmas and thankfully the costume is easier to assemble, thanks to Virnice! XD

Anyway, the month of December is always a busy one. There are so many things on my mind right now, so many things to do and settle that I think I have to list them down just so I'll not overlook anything, in no order of merit (quite an exhaustive and personal list so skip that if you have to):

1. I have to go Christmas-shopping, think of birthday presents (this will keep me occupied for quite a bit)
2. do the module preference exercise and planning for the bidding for next semester (!!!)
3. visit the grandparents (really have to! They were so excited about their newly-renovated house)
4. resume my running routine, shed off those exam-accummulated love handles (ZY, I'm free already!)
5. meet Cui (very important!)
6. check the specifics for the MUSE concert (can't believe I'm going for it and with LY too!)

7. movies with a few people esp Trina (2012! Those who have watched so far loved it!)
8. striking off items from my personal online movie and booklists (which is quite impossible to achieve in the short span of 1 month)
9. upload photos from camera and phone
10. Is Christmas carolling still on? (hmmm...)
11. mini project still on? (ha ha)
12. almost forgot! Renew passport! Take photo! :S
13. anyone keen to watch Chicago:the musical next year? XD
14. think of a resolution for the HK trip (and fast)

Hmm...frankly speaking, I really hope my excitement of Christmas won't be dampened by all the shopping and present-wrapping and stuff cos all this should not overshadow the fact that it's supposed to be a day for Jesus and for remembering the reason of why Christmas exists in the first place...

On another note, December leads me to ponder about Year 2009 as a whole. In comparison with the previous year, I'm very sure that this year was a more exciting, memorable and spontaneous one: tried quite a few things which I would not have normally done, challenged myself to go all out and overcome my fears, re-prioritised stuff, changing my modus operandi especially in the area of academics (partly due to me putting my trust in God and not worrying excessively), the works...As such, it seems like a year of self-discovery, about knowing exactly my strengths and weaknesses and coming to terms with certain stuff about myself. Of course, this is a neverending process but I have to say that certain stuff became clearer and better evaluated this year.
Nevertheless, it was also bittersweet: like what Salman Rushdie mentioned in Midnight's Children, with every ladder there's a snake.With every gain there is a loss and so it comes as no surprise that by knowing and being involved with more people, there will be more problems(not to mention the hurts that are attached to them). I'm not saying that people are a pain in the butt, neither am I appealing for your sympathy. I think this will inevitably be something which everyone will experience at a point in their lives, just that it has become more apparent to me lately (took me this long to realise yeah). Having said that, the gains more than made up for the losses (probably a reason why the disappointment hit hard big time cos they were people dear to me). Then again, I have to be fair to the small but close group of friends who supported me at the right moments and who understood my take on things, and for not judging me based on them (something which I HIGHLY regard cos it's not an easy feat).
Think I've said more than I intended. Anyway, in summary, Year 2009 has revealed many issues about people and how complex people can be to the point that certain cases are still an enigma to me now that I think about them (sheesh, seems like I'm reading my life like a lit book now. I've gotta stop.

Enjoy the remaining 29 days, people!

No comments: