I don't know why but I'm starting to feel jittery. Ok, maybe "jittery" is an understatement, I'm freaking out right now!!!
It's always easy in the beginning when one agrees and commits by registering and paying, it's only when you're in the process of training (or doing otherwise, which is highly likely!) ,or when that day draws closer after what seemed like eternity that you begin to realise the impact of your actions...haha!
21km sounded OK initially but the digits start to get bigger, now that I'm just 8-9 hours from the real deal. Maybe it's due to all the well wishes prior to the race (especially today) that make the run more of a reality. It's not that I haven't been doing anything to prepare for it, I have been upping the distance by 5km for each jog I did in the last few weeks. I've managed to hit 10km plus before the whole sore throat thing came about, which stopped the training regime even though it was one week before the actual run so....I don't know whether I'm prepared for it. Cedric was telling me the other night about his experience (he's running tmr too!). He ran CONTINUOUSLY for 21km but then, it's not very surprising considering the unit he hails from.
Nevertheless, I'm already in it, there's no turning back! Note to self: I have to get a grip. It's not like I'm climbing Mt. Everest (!!!)
And today's devotional was very, very apt for the occasion:
" Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore, I do not run like a man beating aimlessly...No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."
[1 Corinthians 9:24-27]
Guess I'll just do the best I can tomorrow and run with a purpose!
No comments:
Post a Comment