Week 3 of my holidays. I've been waking up to the sound of my clock ticking at 2pm almost everyday, save for the days when I jog/swim. Although I have a whole list of things that I plan to do, there would inevitably be more time for thinking and be buried in thoughts, sometimes to the extent that sleep at night is compromised. Ironically, all this thinking would wear me out and cause me to sleep in the afternoons! Anyway, presenting the top 10 of the month:
(1) Discovering a new-found abhorrence for rape
Came about after reading a novel recently. The dehumanisation and disrespect for females was too much to take. Didn't help that the rapist was so masochistic and sadistic. This isn't even about feminism but basic rights for all individuals.
(2) Irony of mind vs. mouth
Was thinking about my self (as usual). Realised that my mind speaks more than my mouth, and my mouth thinks more than my mind.
(3) The thing about fairy tales and love stories
Hate to say this but I'm growing increasingly skeptical about happy endings, which is scary even to me cos I thought I'll be the last person to think so.
(4) Love & Acceptance
Carried forward from the previous point. If Life was a book, then Love and Acceptance would be its main themes and we, its pawns. Just look around you, you can see it everywhere in people's eyes.
(5) Spongebob Squarepants
I feel like a sponge.
(6) Silence is Golden: Silence and Gold
Both can overwhelm us due to its weight.
(7) Australia
I miss Cui and Dhab.
(8) Paris
Didn't turn out like what I imagined! (after seeing Esther's photos). Hmm...Norway wouldn't disappoint, would it?
(9) Simple joys
Was enjoying a chocolate bar with Sab in the church shuttle. Didn't realise that such simple pleasures could bring so much joy!
(10) The intentional act of remembering: small talk
People usually forget. Never fails to amaze me when friends bother to ask and show concern about the nitty-gritties of my life (from where they left off).
No comments:
Post a Comment