17 December, 2008

"it's been a long time"

Gathering with the primary school clique. Thought it was gonna be quite awkward at first but then it turned out rather well! One good thing about meeting up with friends that date back to as early as Primary School is that you know how/what the person was like -funny quirks, childish acts and all- before he/she becomes who they are now: individuals whose characters are constantly shaped by the people and environment around them. All 3 have obviously changed over the years but I'm quite glad that certain traits still remain. Hui Yun's mannerisms were more or less the same, Ashley's still as quiet and reserved and Moses is like a boy stuck in a man's body! I think the phrase "same old brand new you" aptly describes how I felt when I first saw them...heh heh :D


It was really refreshing to see them again, quite a nice break from current events and I seriously miss all of them, or rather, I miss those days when things were much more simpler and life was more carefree. Of course, there are certain things which I would prefer not to repeat all over again, but then such things do happen. The only thing that matters is how you respond and learn from them.

Anyway, serious stuff aside, it's quite scary to see them all shooting up like tao gay man! First time in my life when I'm actually the shortest amongst my friends, not that I'm very tall already but then I'm always "of average height!"

Still feeling a little guilty that I have not done some things yet...sometimes I think I should not make any promises at all...

No comments: