30 June, 2008

FINALLY, this long-awaited day has arrived. I'm done with my job. Seriously, KK promised one week but it turned out to be a month. Hmm...it might probably be due to me actually. I keep procrastinating but when they asked me to extend I said OK [after much thought].

I didn't want to leave feeling that I didn't complete my job, which was to hand over my responsibilities to the replacement staff. Everyone around me has been telling me to forget about them and just leave cos the company has not been very fair and stuff but my conscience prevents me from doing so...sigh...anyway, the only reason worth staying would be due to a few special people in the office who never fail to make my day in office a little brighter.


As promised, I baked American Carrot Cake for them:

Straight from the (spoilt and faulty) oven

Behold the Titanic!

looks like tasty forensic evidence don't they?

I reduced the amount of sugar this time and they liked it although I found that it was not sweet enough.


Anyway, they treated me to a farewell lunch at "Ocean Fishhead Curry" near Amoy Street. Although dining was al fresco [aka coffeeshop], the food was really good. We had to wait quite some time for our seats but it was worth the wait. Joan, take note!


As there were 9 of us [Emma,Wendy,Sarah K, Yi Si,Cassandra,Evelyn,Joyce, CT and me] we could order more dishes. In total, everything added up to 12 bucks per person including me but I had it FOC, yay!! [can imagine Joan rolling her eyes at me already man...]

Woah...this post is starting to look like an entry solely on food so, for the record, let me introduce you, my dear readers, to this:


This dish here, enlarged for your convenience so that you can see the different condiments in their full glory, is THUNDER TEA RICE! ROAR!!!

Haha...Yi Si was influenced strongly by Emma the health freak to buy this for lunch. I tried a spoonful of the thing (and I seriously felt like vomiting).

It's too green and healthy for me but it certainly aids your stomach in the digestive process (cos this looks like partly digested stuff already).

Anyway, those who like Basil should try it but I would seriously turn to Ai Ping's mother's cooking anytime. Hers is healthy AND delicious, unlike this...heh heh...

No comments: