10 May, 2007

Felt slightly better today even though last night was terrible. I was wondering when such a breakdown would happen 'cos I have been handling it moderately well,in fact, maybe better than expected. Anyways, after the airport trip with Ai Ping yesterday after Sports Day (which was quite a waste of time), was feeling so much better although I suffered the consequences of a chocolate overdose in school today. (Think of what one whole bottle of Meiji Chocolate Milk, loads of Andes Chocolates, many slices of pizza, a packet of Ruffles potato chips can do to your stomach!)


Choir Forum really helped in lifting my spirits, all the comments by Gabriel, Matthew and the J1s plus some J2s were really encouraging and super funny :D


And we weren't sharp by 4 semitones but only 1! (which is normal for any excited and perky Choir performing in a competition). Mistake on Gabriel's part. Phew!


Moreover, the fact that the 2 conductors were really affected by it made the recovering process easier. They didn't expect it to turn out this way too. (Nelson couldn't sleep because of us, his only Choir that got Silver and Mr.Low said that we did well.)


Anyways, we received word that the reason of us getting a Silver could be due to our intonation. And seriously, I feel rather unjustified by this. I mean, it didn't occur to me that this would even be the criteria other than pitching, expression and dynamics...



INTONATION?!?!?!?!


I seriously have nothing to say man....this is really something that is subjected to one's discretion....


Choir aside, it's time for a reality check. Many tests lined up one day after another (Faculty Test, Common Test, Block Test,Mid-year Exams...whatever...they're still tests) And the bad news is, I'm seriously behind the class. SERIOUS.





God help me.





And I'm sorry to say this but I've had enough of you. I don't even understand why you're complaining about practices ALL the time and thinking of skipping it just for the sake of your studies, without even considering that your fellow friends are going through the same thing. I mean,it's important that we prioritise studies over Choir but during the days leading to SYF period, it's unfair to place academics first. And also, all the unnecessary bitching about a certain someone should be done WITH THOUGHT. Why don't you try being in his position and accounting to the Choir after the results were announced? It's not as easy as it sounds. It really hurts me to even think such thoughts of you 'cos I regard you as a super close friend,in fact, maybe a sister. Seeing you during Sports Day didn't help either. It's amazing how you can seem so unnaturally happy at a time like this. It's as if your intention for joining Choir is purely done to secure a perfect record on your SGC. Argh, I don't know...

No comments: