30 January, 2007

From the heart

Bitching

Something others do and something which one unconsciously engages in.(Although I have to say that most of the time I am aware yet I still persist.)


Something which is,most of the time, inaccurate due to the massive spreading of similar rumours but which, something which we tend to believe easily.


Something which you can't help doing due to an obvious and recurring weakness in the subject you're bitching about.


Something which you have no right to do as it is considered as passing judgement on someone when it should actually be settled by God.


The more I type this, the more guilty I am. I can say now that it is wrong to gossip and talk bad about people but once I'm in a group, it just happens naturally. It's always the case and I'm not proud of it!

Sometimes I try to be conscious of my tongue and keep my words to myself:being quiet the whole time the gossip is making its rounds. However, in the end, the pressure becomes so immense, like that of a water hose that is waiting to burst, that the floodgates of hell are released and everything starts coming out.


I just hate this weakness of mine. Can I just shut my mouth once and for all?


Things are made worse after people realised that I am God's child. Maybe I need to learn it the hard way. Maybe God would heighten my flaws, take away what little talents left in me just to show me how imperfect I am and make me realise who I am to question others when I'm worse than them?



From the depths of my heart, Lord, I want to change and be a better person:not one who brings people down. Help me to see people with your eyes. Sometimes the best person is the one who listens more than he speaks. Help me to learn to pray for them to replace each gossip I have said, each negative word I have uttered about them....

No comments: